Friday 23 October 2009

Hokey Pokey

(Nigella Express)

After trying to resist for too long, finally succumbed.

Three ingredients and three minutes seemed too good to be true for such a tempting looking treat. And it was...

Where did I go wrong? I measured with accuracy, buttered my foil diligently, melted, bubbled and stirred as directed. Only thing I can think is that I left the ingredients on the heat just a fraction too long. Won't go into too much detail, but essentially baby, nappy, and an odour that was masking the delicious smells wafting from pan. Couldn't I have waited those three short minutes to deal with it? Er - no.

Nonetheless, the mixture did what it said it would when I added the bicarb, and looked pretty promising as I poured it out to cool...

Turned my back for a minute and instead of the rich, crunchy honeycomb that tantalised me from Nigella's description was confronted by a sticky solid mass that refused to part company with aforementioned foil and would have been a challenge for even the strongest set of teeth.

Refusing to admit defeat, set about it with the rolling pin in the hope that bashing it would somehow turn it into the delectable chunks in the photo before me... Rolling pin simply stuck to it and was only released after soaking in copious amounts of hot water.

Next time will buy a Crunchie instead

No comments:

Post a Comment